Mashed Potatoes With Caramelized Onion
Mashed potatoes are definitely a crowd favorite but this healthy recipe goes a step farther by incorporating sweet caramelized onions for a flavorful side.
More From Health
- Calories: 125
- Fat: 3g
- Saturated fat: 2g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Protein: 4g
- Carbohydrate: 22g
- Fiber: 2g
- Cholesterol: 7mg
- Iron: 1mg
- Sodium: 117mg
- Calcium: 57mg
- 1 1/2 pounds small red potatoes, quartered
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup chopped Vidalia or other sweet onion
- 2/3 cup 2% reduced-fat milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1. Cover potatoes with water in a small saucepan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer 14 minutes or until tender. Drain and return to saucepan.
- 2. Heat butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion; cook 12 minutes or until golden, stirring frequently. Set aside.
- 3. Add milk, salt, and pepper to potatoes. Mash the mixture with a potato masher or fork to desired consistency. Stir in onions.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note