If you start with naturally creamy potatoes, like Yukon Golds, you won't need to add cream and sticks of butter to make delicious mashed potatoes. A gentle fresh chive garnish brightens these rich flavors.
More From Oxmoor House
- Calories: 115
- Fat: 4g
- Saturated fat: 2.4g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.1g
- Protein: 2.8g
- Carbohydrate: 16.9g
- Fiber: 1.1g
- Cholesterol: 11mg
- Iron: 0.8mg
- Sodium: 110mg
- Calcium: 23mg
- 4 Yukon Gold potatoes (2 pounds), unpeeled and cut into 2-inch cubes
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2/3 cup 2% reduced-fat milk
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives (optional)
- 1. Place potato in a medium saucepan. Cover with water to 2 inches above potato. Bring to a boil; reduce heat, and simmer 25 minutes or until potato is tender. Drain and return to pan.
- 2. Add butter, salt, and pepper; mash with a potato masher until butter melts. Add milk, mashing until desired consistency. Garnish with chives, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note