Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 4 pound(s) russet potatoes
- 1 cup(s) heavy cream
- 8 whole black peppercorns
- 3 sprig(s) thyme or rosemary
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 pound(s) yukon gold potatoes
- Fill a large pot halfway with cold water. Peel 4 lb. russet and 1 lb. yukon gold potatoes and cut into 2" pieces, adding to pot as they are cut. Add cold water to cover by 1" if needed. Stir in 3 tbsp kosher salt. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to medium-low and gently simmer until tender, 10-15 minutes. Drain potatoes and transfer to a baking sheet. Let dry, 5-10 minutes. Meanwhile, heat 1 cup whole milk, 1/2 cup heavy cream, 8 whole black peppercorns, 3 sprigs thyme or 1 sprig rosemary, and 2 bay leaves in a small saucepan over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until mixture is very hot but not boiling, about 10 minutes. Remove from heat and let mixture infuse for 20 minutes, strain. This will add herbal flavor without coloring the liquid. Pass potatoes through the smallest disk of a food mill along with 1/2-cup chilled unsalted butter into a large bowl. Stir in the hot cream mixture. Season generously to taste with kosher salt and freshly ground back pepper. To hold, press plastic wrap directly against the surface and set bowl over (not in) a large pot of simmering water for up to 2 hours. (serves 8-10)
This recipe is a personal recipe added by dwatson and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Mashed Potatoes Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Side Dishes/Vegetables