Simple, good for kids!
- 5 large potatoes (about 2 1/2 pounds), peeled, quartered and boiled
- 1/2 cup low-fat milk, heated
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1. Warm mixer bowl and flat beater with hot water; dry. Place hot potatoes in bowl. Attach bowl and flat beater to the KitchenAid® Stand Mixer. Gradually turn to Speed 2 and mix until smooth, about 1 minute.
2. Add all remaining ingredients. Turn to Speed 4 and beat until milk is absorbed, about 30 seconds. Gradually turn to Speed 6 and beat until fluffy, about 1 minute. Stop and scrape bowl. Exchange flat beater for wire whip. Turn to Speed 10 and whip 2 to 3 minutes.
Garlic Mashed Potatoes: Substitute 1 teaspoon garlic salt for salt.
Parmesan Mashed Potatoes: Increase milk to 3/4 cup. Add 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese with milk.
Sour Cream-Chive Mashed Potatoes: Substitute 1/4 cup reduced-fat sour cream for 1/4 cup milk. Add 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives.
To purchase the KitchenAid® products used in this recipe, please visit www.shopkitchenaid.com
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Side Dishes/Vegetables