Mashed "Potato" Parsnips
Reduce: 15 Minutes
Puree: 30 Minutes
- 2 pound(s) medium parsnips, peeled and sliced 1/2-inch thick
- Kosher salt, to taste
- 1 tablespoon(s) unsalted butter
- Ground black pepper, to taste
- 1. Place the parsnips in a large saucepan, then add enough cold water to cover by 1 inch. Bring to a boil over high heat and add a pinch of salt. Reduce the heat to medium-high and simmer, adding a little more water if necessary to keep the parsnips barely covered, until tender, 25 to 30 minutes.
- 2. Drain and reserve the cooking liquid. Set the parsnips aside and return the liquid to the pan. Bring to a boil over high heat. Boil until reduced to 3/4 cup. Return the parsnips to the pan and add the butter. Working in batches, transfer the contents of the saucepan to a food processor and puree until smooth. Return to the saucepan, season with salt and pepper, the heat over medium until hot.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note