Mashed Potato Casserole with Sour Cream and Chives
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 14 tablespoon(s) unsalted butter, softened, and mor for the pan
- 6 pound(s) Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
- 2 tablespoon(s) plus 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 1/2 cup(s) sour cream
- 1 teaspoon(s) black pepper
- 6 tablespoon(s) finely chopped chives
- 2/3 cup(s) bread crumbs
- 2/3 cup(s) Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 1. Lightly grease a 9-inch-by-13-inch baking pan.
- 2. In a large pot, bring the potatoes, 4 quarts water and 2 tablespoons salt to a boil. Boil potatoes until fork tender, about 20 minutes. Drain.
- 3. Mash potatoes with 10 tablespoons butter, sour cream, 1 teaspoon salt, and pepper. Mash in the chives. Taste and adjust seasoning, if necessary. Spread potatoes into the prepared pan. Cover and refrigerate for up to three days.
- 4. In a small bowl, combine the remaining 4 tablespoons butter, bread crumbs and cheese. Mix together until it forms coarse crumbs. Crumbs can be refrigerated for three days.
- 5. Heat the oven to 400 degrees. Sprinkle crumbs over the top of the potato casserole and bake until golden and crisp, 30 to 40 minutes.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by gigimuirheid and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Mashed Potato Casserole with Sour Cream and Chives Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Casseroles