This is a good recipe to make the night before you need to serve it. I prepare as directed and put in refrigerator. The next day, I put a few pats of butter on top and bake, adding 8-10 extra minutes to baking time or let sit at room temperature before baking.
Mashed Potato Casserole
Upgrade your go-to mashed potato recipe without adding any fuss. Start with frozen mashed potatoes and add eggs, cream cheese, onion, and pimientos, then bake. Top the hot casserole with cheddar cheese and bake for about 10 more minutes, or until the cheese is melted.
- 1 (22-ounce) package frozen mashed potatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 (3-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 (2-ounce) jar diced pimiento, undrained
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- Prepare potatoes according to package, adding 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Stir in eggs, cream cheese, and onion; fold in pimiento. Place in a lightly greased 11- x 7-inch pan.
- Bake, covered, at 350° for 30 minutes. Uncover and sprinkle with cheese. Bake 10 more minutes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Casseroles