- 1 1/2 pounds Yukon gold potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch-thick slices
- 1 1/2 pounds baking potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch-thick slices
- 5 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 1/4 teaspoons kosher salt, divided
- 6 ounces 1/3-less-fat cream cheese, softened (about 3/4 cup)
- Cooking spray
- 2 ounces Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, grated (about 1/2 cup)
- 1/2 cup panko (Japanese breadcrumbs)
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced chives
- calories 243
- fat 6.5 g
- satfat 3.6 g
- monofat 1.7 g
- polyfat 0.3 g
- protein 8.3 g
- carbohydrate 37.9 g
- fiber 2.6 g
- cholesterol 20 mg
- iron 1.2 mg
- sodium 361 mg
- calcium 93 mg
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 350°.
Place potatoes, garlic, and 1/2 teaspoon salt in a large saucepan, and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer 15 minutes or until tender. Drain in a colander over a bowl, reserving 1/2 cup cooking liquid.
Press potato mixture in batches through a ricer into a large bowl. Stir in reserved 1/2 cup cooking liquid, remaining 3/4 teaspoon salt, and cream cheese.
Spoon potato mixture into a broiler-safe 11 x 7-inch glass or ceramic baking dish coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 20 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
Combine Parmigiano-Reggiano and panko; sprinkle evenly over top of potatoes. Broil 4 minutes or until golden brown. Sprinkle with chives.
Make-ahead tip: Assemble this dish a day ahead, and bake shortly before serving.