Mashed Potato Cake
Yield: one 10-inch cake
- 1 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 2 cups firmly packed brown sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup mashed potatoes
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 cup milk
- 1 (1-ounce) square semisweet chocolate, melted
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Cream butter; gradually add brown sugar, beating well. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add mashed potatoes, beating mixture well.
- Combine flour, baking powder, and spices; add to creamed mixture alternately with milk, beginning and ending with flour mixture. Stir in melted chocolate and pecans.
- Pour batter into a well - greased 10 - inch Bundt pan. Bake at 350° for 1 hour or until cake tests done. Cool in pan 20 minutes; remove cake from pan, and cool completely before serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Cakes/Frostings