Mashed Potato Bowls
Photo: Charles Walton; Styling: Leslie Byars Simpson
- 4 large potatoes (3 pounds)
- 2 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine, melted
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- Cook potatoes, 1 teaspoon salt, and boiling water to cover in a Dutch oven 25 minutes or until tender. Drain and cool to touch.
- Peel potatoes, and mash in a large bowl using a potato masher. Stir in remaining salt, cream cheese, and next 3 ingredients until blended.
- Spoon mixture into 6 large mounds on a baking sheet. Shape each mound into a 4-inch bowl using the back of a large serving spoon; cover and freeze until firm. Place frozen bowls into heavy-duty zip-top plastic bags; freeze up to 1 month.
- Remove from freezer, and place frozen bowls on a lightly greased baking sheet. Brush with butter, and sprinkle with paprika.
- Bake frozen bowls at 450° for 15 minutes or until thoroughly heated and lightly browned.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note