- 2 (11.5-ounce) packages refrigerated cornbread sticks
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 large egg, separated
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 cup instant potato flakes
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 2 teaspoons ground red pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- Ground red pepper
How to Make It
Unroll cornbread sticks, and separate at perforations. Flatten into 5- x 2-inch strips.
Bring 1/2 cup water and butter to a boil in a medium saucepan; reduce heat to low, and stir in egg yolk, 6 tablespoons Parmesan cheese, and next 4 ingredients. Remove mixture from heat.
Place 1 tablespoon potato mixture on each cornbread strip. Fold cornbread over, pressing edges to seal. Brush with lightly beaten egg white, and sprinkle with remaining 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese and ground red pepper. Place bites on baking sheets.
Bake at 375° for 10 to 12 minutes or until light golden. Cool on wire racks.