- 1 1/2 pound(s) Cauliflower cut in large florets
- 3 clove(s) Garlic peeled
- 28 ounce(s) low-sodium chicken broth (2 cans)
- salt (to taste)
- ground black pepper (to taste)
- 2 tablespoon(s) fresh chives chopped
- In a large saucepan, combine cauliflower, garlic, and broth. If cauliflower is not completely covered by broth, add water to just cover. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer until cauliflower is tender, about 12 minutes.
- Reserve 2 tablespoons of the cooking liquid, then drain cauliflower and garlic. Transfer cauliflower and garlic to the bowl of a food processor and process until smooth, pulsing in some or all of the reserved cooking liquid, if necessary, to moisten mixture. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Just before serving, stir in chives. Serve warm. Nutrition at a Glance
- Per serving: 80 calories, 1 g fat, 0 g saturated fat, 8 g protein, 12 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 183 mg sodium
- Variations: Fold in shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese or a small amount of freshly grated Parmesan cheese after puréeing; mix in cooked, chopped turkey bacon; or use chopped fresh parsley or basil in addition to or in place of the chives.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by busymommy1 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note