love this recipe!
Mascarpone Tart with Strawberries
Notes: Mascarpone is a soft Italian version of cream cheese. You can make this tart (through step 4) up to 1 day ahead. Prep and cook time: about 1 hour, plus at least 1 1/2 hours to cool and chill.
More From Sunset
- Calories: 388
- Calories from fat: 65%
- Protein: 5.4g
- Fat: 28g
- Saturated fat: 17g
- Carbohydrate: 30g
- Fiber: 1.5g
- Sodium: 279mg
- Cholesterol: 88mg
- About 9 ounces chocolate wafer cookies, broken into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup melted butter (1/4 lb.)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons instant espresso powder
- 1 pound mascarpone or cream cheese
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups strawberries (14 oz.)
- 1. Preheat oven to 325° (300° if using convection heat). Place cookies in a 1-quart zip-lock plastic bag and seal. With a rolling pin, crush cookies into fine crumbs. Pour 2 cups of the crumbs into a bowl and mix with melted butter, sugar, and espresso powder. Press mixture evenly into bottom and up sides of a 10-inch tart pan with removable rim.
- 2. In another bowl, with a mixer on medium, beat mascarpone, honey, and vanilla until smooth. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in flour and salt.
- 3. Place tart pan in a 12- by 16-inch rimmed baking pan and set on center rack of preheated oven. Pour filling into chocolate crust. Bake until filling is pale golden and barely set in the center when you gently shake pan, 30 to 35 minutes.
- 4. Remove tart from oven and let cool on a rack about 30 minutes, then chill until cold, at least 1 hour, or up to 1 day (cover tart once cold).
- 5. Shortly before serving, remove rim from pan. Rinse, stem, and thinly slice strawberries. Arrange in a circular or spiral pattern on top of the tart, overlapping slices slightly.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note