We recently had a big flat of apricots from Costco and found this recipe in our old Cooking Light books. We made them for ourselves and found them really delicious and super easy. I thought I was cheating by making them for an event where I cooked for 45 people because of the ease factor, but the presentation is so lovely and they look so unique and fancy, everyone thought I really exerted myself to make them! This group seems to have many opinions and tastes, but not one person turned me down on putting one on their plates and it seemed to be a hit with everyone I spoke with. I got a lot of compliments and requests for the recipe. I also made a batch for a few of the vegans in the group using vegan cream cheese in place of the mascarpone and regular cream cheese. I ended up having a vegan one myself as the others were gone and it tasted as good as the regular batch! Big win on this recipe! Yay!
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 61
- Calories from fat: 37%
- Fat: 2.5g
- Saturated fat: 0.9g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.3g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.6g
- Protein: 2.2g
- Carbohydrate: 8.4g
- Fiber: 0.8g
- Cholesterol: 4mg
- Iron: 0.3mg
- Sodium: 49mg
- Calcium: 26mg
- 1/3 cup (3 ounces) block-style fat-free cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons (1 ounce) mascarpone cheese
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 3 1/2 teaspoons lemon juice, divided
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped walnuts, toasted
- 10 small apricots, halved and pitted
- Chopped fresh mint (optional)
- Combine cheeses, honey, 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice, and nutmeg, stirring well. Stir in walnuts. Chill 1 hour.
- Sprinkle cut sides of apricots evenly with 1 tablespoon lemon juice.
- Spoon about 1 teaspoon cheese mixture into each apricot half; chill 1 hour. Garnish with chopped mint, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This