As it is, this is perfectly good, but it does seem to be just a little too neutral in flavor. It just seems to need a little extra something. All that aside, this is very easy and perfectly adequate as a tasty mashed potato recipe. To better blend the liquid ingredients, I used a hand mixer instead of a masher. The neutral flavor makes this particularly well-suited to accompany any saucy dishes that can benefit from a side than can absorb some of the sauce. I thought this was particularly food with the Dijon Mustard Chicken Fricassee recipe from CL.
Mascarpone Mashed Potatoes
- 1/3 cup(s) 2% milk
- 3 tablespoon(s) mascarpone cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1.5 pound(s) Yukon gold potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1. Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil; reduce heat, and simmer 15 minutes or until tender. Drain; return to pan.
- 2. Add milk, mascarpone cheese, and salt. Mash to desired consistency.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by flambe99 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Mascarpone Mashed Potatoes Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Side Dishes/Vegetables