Mascarpone Cream Pie with Berry Glaze
Yield: Makes 1 (9-inch) pie
- 6 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 (6.75-ounce) package Bordeaux cookies, crumbled
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1/2 cups whipping cream
- 2 egg yolks, lightly beaten
- 1 (8-ounce) package mascarpone cheese, softened
- 2 teaspoons orange liqueur or fresh orange juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Berry Glaze
- Garnish: orange rind strips
- Melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Cook 3 minutes or until golden brown. Stir in cookie crumbs and pecans. Press mixture into bottom and up sides of a lightly greased 9-inch tart pan.
- Bake at 350° for 15 minutes or until golden brown; cool.
- Combine cornstarch and sugar in a medium saucepan; stir in cream. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until thickened and bubbly. Stir about 1/4 cup hot mixture into egg yolks; add to remaining hot mixture, and cook, stirring constantly, 1 minute. Remove mixture from heat.
- Stir in mascarpone cheese, liqueur, and vanilla until smooth. Pour into prepared crust.
- Spread 2/3 cup Berry Glaze over filling; chill 8 hours. Serve with remaining Berry Glaze. Garnish, if desired.
- Note: For testing purposes only, we used Pepperidge Farm cookies
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts