This is a great recipe. I made it twice so far - second time was for the Thanksgiving dinner and it was a great hit. One comment: Be careful with the Milk/Mascarpone mix, the amount the recipe calls for is generally too much for the 5 1/2 lbs of potatoes. I ended up using half the amount - better if you use a soup ladle to add the milk mixture you will see how fast it gets creamy and if oyu don't stop half way thru it is very easy to end up with a potato soup than mashed potatoes.
Mascarpone Chive Mashed Potatoes
Photo: Leigh Beisch; Styling: Dan Becker
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 299
- Calories from fat: 45%
- Protein: 7.6g
- Fat: 15g
- Saturated fat: 8g
- Carbohydrate: 36g
- Fiber: 2.6g
- Sodium: 203mg
- Cholesterol: 40mg
- 5 1/2 pounds russet potatoes, peeled, cut in chunks
- 4 dried bay leaves
- Kosher salt
- 2 1/4 cups milk
- 12 ounces mascarpone cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 bunch chives (1-in. diameter), snipped
- 1. Simmer potatoes with bay leaves in a large pot of salted water until falling apart when poked, 20 to 25 minutes. Meanwhile, in a medium pot, whisk milk and mascarpone. Heat over low heat until simmering. Stir in pepper; keep warm.
- 2. Drain potatoes, discarding bay leaves. Return to pot over very low heat and cook, stirring, until dried and crumbling. Remove from heat. Beat with a mixer until smooth. Beat in mascarpone milk, a third at a time. Stir in chives and season with salt.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Side Dishes/Vegetables