- 1 (8-ounce) can almond paste
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons kirsch or other cherry-flavored brandy
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 1/4 cups sifted powdered sugar
- Liquid food coloring
How to Make It
Combine almond paste and butter in a medium mixing bowl; beat until creamy. Add syrup, kirsch, and almond extract, beating well. Turn mixture out onto a board or marble slab dusted with powdered sugar; gradually knead 2 1/4 cups sifted powdered sugar into dough.
Knead desired food coloring into dough; mold into small fruit shapes. Let dry overnight on waxed paper. Store in refrigerator in an airtight container.