My mom used to make "mezetti" as a casserole...I liked this variation as a sauce. I "thirded" it, and it still made quite a lot. The sauce was on the thin side...surprised the Velveeta didn't thicken it up more. Overall, a good dish...nice twist on spaghetti sauce...creamy without being too rich.
- 3 pounds ground beef
- 3 large onions, chopped
- 3 (14.5-ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- 3 (10 3/4-ounce) cans cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 (46-ounce) can tomato juice
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons hot sauce
- 1 (16-ounce) loaf process cheese spread, cubed
- 1 (8-ounce) loaf process cheese spread, cubed
- 16 ounces spaghetti, cooked
- Cook ground beef and onion in a stockpot over medium heat, stirring until beef crumbles and is no longer pink; drain. Stir in tomatoes and next 5 ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer 15 to 20 minutes. Stir in process cheese spread until melted. Serve over spaghetti.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note