- 1 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 1/2 cups firmly packed brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 (15-ounce) package raisins
- 2 cups chopped walnuts
How to Make It
Cream 1 cup butter in a large mixing bowl; gradually add brown sugar, beating well. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
Combine flour, soda, and cinnamon in a medium mixing bowl; stir well. Dredge raisins and walnuts in 1/4 cup flour mixture in a small mixing bowl. Add remaining flour mixture to creamed mixture, stirring well. Stir in dredged raisin mixture.
Drop dough by teaspoonfuls, 1 1/2 inches apart, onto greased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes or until golden brown. Cool slightly on baking sheets before removing to wire racks.