- 2 pounds fresh lump crabmeat*
- 1/2 cup minced green onion
- 1/2 cup minced red bell pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup Italian-seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Old Bay seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Dash of Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Lemon wedges
- Creamy Caper-Dill Sauce
- Garnish: fresh dill sprigs
How to Make It
Rinse, drain, and flake crabmeat, being careful not to break up lumps, and remove any bits of shell. Set crabmeat aside.
Sauté green onion and bell pepper in hot oil in a large nonstick skillet 8 minutes or until tender.
Stir together green onion mixture, breadcrumbs, egg, and next 5 ingredients. Gently fold in crabmeat. Shape mixture into 14 (2 1/2-inch) cakes (about 1/3 cup for each cake). Place on an aluminum foil-lined baking sheet; cover and chill at least 1 hour or up to 8 hours.
Melt butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add crab cakes, and cook, in 2 batches, 4 to 5 minutes on each side or until golden. Drain on paper towels. Serve with a squeeze of lemon and Creamy Caper-Dill Sauce. Garnish, if desired.
*Regular crabmeat may be substituted for lump.