Maryland Crab Cakes
Refrigerate: 2 Hours
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 2 pound(s) jumbo lump crabmeat
- 1/4 cup(s) diced celery
- 1/4 cup(s) diced onion
- 1/4 pound(s) butter
- 1 tablespoon(s) Old Bay seasoning
- 1 cup(s) mayonnaise
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoon(s) dry mustard
- 1 pinch(s) salt and white pepper to taste
- 1/2 bunch(es) scallions, diced
- 2 sleeves saltines, crushed ( about 3 cups crushed)
- 1. Saute celery and onion in butter with Old Bay until vegetables are translucent. Let cool.
- 2. Meanwhile, mix eggs, mayonnaise and mustard. Fold in scallions and crabmeat.
- 3. Add cooled vegetables and saltines. Let mixture sit refrigerated for a couple of hours to fully absorb liquid.
- 4. Shape into 8 patties.
- 5. Heat saute pan over medium heat with a thin film of oil and brown crab cakes on both sides.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note