Maryland Crab Cakes
Gentle mixing is the secret to these succulent crab cakes. Use only enough crackers to hold the mixture together. Old Bay seasoning, a favored Chesapeake crab boil seasoning, is available on the supermarket spice aisle.
More From Southern Living
- 1 pound fresh crabmeat
- 6 to 8 saltine crackers, finely crushed
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Old Bay seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- Garnishes: fresh watercress, lemon slices
- Caper Sauce
- Drain crabmeat, removing any bits of shell.
- Combine crushed crackers and next 7 ingredients; gently fold crabmeat into mixture. Shape into 8 thin patties.
- Melt butter in a skillet over medium heat. Add crab cakes; cook, in batches, 4 to 5 minutes on each side or until golden. Drain on paper towels. Garnish, if desired. Serve crab cakes with Caper Sauce.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note