Mary Stagg's Cornbread Dressing
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 2 box(es) Jiffy Cornbread Prepare as directed on box
- 6-8 slice(s) whole wheat bread toasted
- 2-2.5 pound(s) ground chuck sauted & browned
- 2-2.5 pound(s) ground pork sauted & browned
- 4 cup(s) onions chopped
- 1/2 bunch(es) celery chopped
- 1 cup(s) parsley chopped
- 1 bell peppers chopped
- salt, pepper, Tony's to taste
- 2 teaspoon(s) garlic crushed
- 1 envelope(s) Lipton onion soup
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) thyme
- 1 teaspoon(s) sage
- 6 eggs
- 1 stick(s) butter
- 3 bunch(es) green onions chopped
- 4 cup(s) chicken broth
- 2-6 cup(s) water as needed
- Crumble cornbread & toast together, add sage & thyme. Add butter to cornbread mixture.
- After meat is browned, add onions, celery and bell pepper and cook down. Add onion soup envelope & stir. Add chicken broth and simmer for about 30-45 minutes. Use kitchen bouquet if not brown enough.
- Combine cornbread & meat mixtures. Add water as needed until the right consistency (may be a little soupy). Add beaten eggs. Start w pour and add more if you think you need it. Add 3 bunches of green onions & 1/2 bunch parsley. Add Tony Chachere's seasoning, black pepper & salt to taste. Add more sage, etc if needed at this time.
- Pour into 13 x 9 casserole dish and bake at 350 until set 45-90 minutes. Should remain moist.
- NOTE: Can also add drained chopped oysters. We usually make 1/2 w oysters and half without. May need to add more bread if too soupy.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by rssteil1 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note