Mary's Hrudka (Easter Cheese)
Cool: 10 Minutes
- 12 eggs
- 4 cup(s) milk
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoon(s) sugar
- 1 teaspoon(s) vanilla extract
- 3 square piece(s) cheesecloth and cotton kitchen string
- • Beat the eggs in a large bowl with a fork or whisk.
- • Heat the milk in a 3-quart saucepan over medium-high heat to a boil. Gradually beat in the eggs, salt, sugar and vanilla extract with a fork or whisk. Reduce the heat to low. Cook until large curds form, stirring occasionally. Remove the saucepan from the heat and let cool for 10 minutes.
- • Layer the cheesecloth in a colander. Pour the milk mixture into the colander. Gather the corners of the cheesecloth around the curds and squeeze to remove any excess liquid. Tie the top of the cheesecloth bundle with the kitchen string.
- • Hang the cheesecloth bundle over a bowl until completely cool, squeezing the bundle occasionally to remove any excess liquid. Refrigerate the cheese until ready to serve.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note