- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 cups cooked, mashed sweet potatoes
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup brandy
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon rind
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Dash of ground nutmeg
- 1 unbaked (9-inch) pastry shell
- Finely chopped citron
How to Make It
Cream butter in a mixing bowl; gradually add sugar, beating well. Add potatoes; beat at medium speed of electric mixer until well blended. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
Place brandy in a small pan; heat just until warm (do not boil). Add brandy, lemon rind, juice, vanilla, and nutmeg to sweet potato mixture; stir until well blended.
Pour mixture into pastry shell. Bake at 350° for 40 minutes or until a knife inserted in center comes out clean. Sprinkle pie with citron; cool completely.