Mary Mahoney's Bread Pudding
Community Recipe from
- 10 ounce(s) french bread
- 6 whole(s) eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon(s) nutmeg
- 1/4 cup(s) sugar
- 2 cup(s) milk
- 1/2 cup(s) cream (half and half)
- 2 tablespoon(s) vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cup(s) raisins
- 2 stick(s) butter
- Rum Sauce
- 2 1/2 cup(s) milk scalded
- 3/4 cup(s) sugar
- 6 tablespoon(s) flour
- 1 stick(s) butter
- 1 dash(es) cinnamon
- 1 dash(es) nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon(s) vanilla extract
- 1 ounce(s) rum
- In bowl combine eggs, cinnamon and nutmeg. Mix well. Add to this mixture sugar, milk, cream and vanilla extract. Mix well.
- Cut up bread in bitesize pieces in baking dish (about 1 1/2 quarts). Add raisins and melted butter to bread.
- Pour mixture over bread. Bake about 30 minutes or until it is golden brown. Serves about 12.
- In sauce pan melt butter, add flour. Mix well. Add scalded milk and sugar. Cook over low heat until thick.
- Beat in eggs and remove from heat. Add nutmeg, cinnamon, vanilla and rum. Serve over pudding
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Drag0nWing and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Mary Mahoney's Bread Pudding Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Desserts