Photo: Thomas J. Story; Styling: Dan Becker
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 365
- Calories from fat: 50%
- Protein: 33g
- Fat: 20g
- Saturated fat: 5.5g
- Carbohydrate: 3g
- Fiber: 1.4g
- Sodium: 1541mg
- Cholesterol: 140mg
- 4 boned, skinned mahimahi fillets (6 oz. each)
- Coarse kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Martini Marinade
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups pimiento-stuffed green olives, halved
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 3/4 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon vermouth
- 1 tablespoon gin
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1. Season fish with salt and pepper. Put in a 1-gal. resealable plastic bag and add marinade. Seal bag and marinate at room temperature about 20 minutes. Drain, saving garlic, and discard marinade. Blot fish and garlic with paper towels to avoid dripping alcohol near the heat.
- 2. Heat oil in a large nonstick frying pan over medium-high heat. Add fish, garlic, and olives. Cook fish until browned on one side, 3 to 4 minutes. Turn over and cook until cooked through but still moist in the center, 2 to 3 minutes more. Remove pan from heat and transfer fish to a platter, leaving garlic and olives in pan.
- 3. Pour lemon juice and chicken broth into pan and stir to pick up brown bits, then stir in vermouth and gin. Return pan to high heat and boil until reduced by half, about 3 minutes. Stir in butter to thicken. Pour sauce with olives and garlic over fish.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes