- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/4 cup plain (not unsweetened) soy milk
- Unsweetened flaked or shredded dried coconut
- 1 cup dry oatmeal
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1/4 cup nuts (see Notes), chopped
- 4 dried figs, chopped (soak in water if necessary to make them pliable)
How to Make It
Bring honey and soy milk in a medium saucepan to a boil over high heat; boil 1 minute. Set aside. Put coconut on a plate or in a shallow bowl and set aside.
In a food processor, pulse oats, sesame seeds, nuts, and figs until finely ground. Add to honey mixture in saucepan and stir together. Wet your hands with water and roll 1-tbsp. portions of mixture into balls; then roll in coconut.