Martha Stewart's Molasses-Spice Cookies
Community Recipe from
- 2 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoon(s) baking soda
- 1 teaspoon(s) ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1 1/2 cup(s) sugar
- 3/4 cup(s) unsalted butter softened
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup(s) molasses
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking sod, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt. In a shallow bowl, place 1/2 cup sugar; set aside.
- 2. With an electric mixer, beat butter and remaining cup of sugar until combined. Beat in egg and then molasses until combined. Reduce speed to low; gradually mix in dry ingredients, just until a dough forms.
- 3. Pinch off and roll dough into balls, each equal to 1 tablespoon. Roll balls in reserved sugar to coat.
- 4. Arrange balls on baking sheets, about 3 inches apart. Bake, one sheet at a time, until edges of cookies are just firm, 10 to 15 minutes (cookies can be baked two sheets at a time, but they will not crackle uniformly). Cool 1 minute on baking sheets; transfer to racks to cool completely.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by juliecook1 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes