The jello cake was amazing. I enjoyed it.
Martha's Special Strawberry Cake
Community Recipe from
- 1 cup(s) vegetable oil
- 4 large eggs
- 1 white cake mix
- 1- 3 oz. box strawberry jello
- 24 ounce(s) frozen sliced strawberries, thawed
- 2 stick(s) butter at room temperature
- 6 ounce(s) cream cheese at room temperature
- 4 cup(s) 10X powdered sugar
- 4 tablespoon(s) juice and pulp from strawberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare three eight-inch round cake pans by lining bottom of pans with wax paper sprayed with non-stick baking spray and lightly floured.
- Drain thawed strawberries and reserve the juice with pulp. Mash strawberries to small pieces with a fork and measure one cup. Set aside.
- Combine cake mix, oil, eggs and dry strawberry Jell-o in a mixing bowl and beat until blended. Stir in cup of mashed strawberries until blended. Pour mixture evenly into the prepared cake pans. Bake 30 minutes at 350. Cake is done when toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool cakes in the pans for 10 minutes, then gently turn cakes out onto plates to cool completely.
- To make icing, mix softened butter and cream cheese in mixer bowl until smooth. Slowly add powdered sugar and mix well. Add strawberry juice with pulp by tablespoon to give the butter cream icing color and a touch of strawberry pieces. Do not add too much juice or your icing will be too thin. Chill icing for about 10 minutes, and then you are ready to spread.
- Store the finished cake in the refrigerator until you are ready to serve. Garnish with fresh strawberries right before serving.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Stanelle and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Martha's Special Strawberry Cake Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Desserts