Martha's green bean salad
Community Recipe from
- 1 cup(s) Roasted almonds
- 4 tablespoon(s) Tamari sauce
- 3 pound(s) Green beans Trimmed
- 4 tablespoon(s) Toasted sesame oil
- 6 tablespoon(s) rice vinegar
- 4 clove(s) Garlic Minved
- 4 teaspoon(s) fresh ginger Minced
- 1 cup(s) Fresh cilantro Chopped
- Place almonds in a small nonstick saute pan. Lightly toast over medium-high heat, about 3 minutes. Add 1 tablespoon tamari and stir until the almonds are coated evenly, about 30 seconds. Transfer to a plate and cool. Chop almonds roughly.
- Prepare a large bowl of ice water. In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook beans until crisp-tender, about 8 to 10 minutes.
- Drain the beans and transfer to the bowl of ice water. Remove green beans and drain well.
- In a large bowl, combine the sesame oil, vinegar, garlic, ginger, and remaining 1 tablespoon of tamari. Add the drained green beans and toss to coat. Garnish with roasted almonds and fresh cilantro, if desired. Serve immediately, while warm.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by chefallen and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes