Martha's green bean salad
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 cup(s) Roasted almonds
- 4 tablespoon(s) Tamari sauce
- 3 pound(s) Green beans Trimmed
- 4 tablespoon(s) Toasted sesame oil
- 6 tablespoon(s) rice vinegar
- 4 clove(s) Garlic Minved
- 4 teaspoon(s) fresh ginger Minced
- 1 cup(s) Fresh cilantro Chopped
- Place almonds in a small nonstick saute pan. Lightly toast over medium-high heat, about 3 minutes. Add 1 tablespoon tamari and stir until the almonds are coated evenly, about 30 seconds. Transfer to a plate and cool. Chop almonds roughly.
- Prepare a large bowl of ice water. In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook beans until crisp-tender, about 8 to 10 minutes.
- Drain the beans and transfer to the bowl of ice water. Remove green beans and drain well.
- In a large bowl, combine the sesame oil, vinegar, garlic, ginger, and remaining 1 tablespoon of tamari. Add the drained green beans and toss to coat. Garnish with roasted almonds and fresh cilantro, if desired. Serve immediately, while warm.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by chefallen and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note