This recipe goes with Blue Ribbon White Cake
Yield: enough for one 10-inch cake
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup water
- 5 large marshmallows, chopped
- 1 egg white
- Pinch of cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- Combine sugar and water in a medium saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring frequently, until mixture comes to a boil and sugar is dissolved.
- Continue cooking, stirring frequently, until mixture reaches soft ball stage (240°). Add marshmallows; cook 1 minute or until blended, stirring mixture frequently.
- Combine egg white and cream of tartar; beat until foamy. While beating at medium speed of electric mixer, slowly pour hot syrup mixture in a thin stream over egg white. Add almond extract; mix well. Turn mixer to high speed, and continue beating until stiff peaks form and glaze is thickened.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Cakes/Frostings