- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
- 1/2 cup shortening, melted
- 1/2 cup orange marmalade
- 1 tablespoon grated orange rind
- Cream cheese, softened (optional)
How to Make It
Sift together flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt; stir in remaining ingredients, except cream cheese, just until dry ingredients are moistened.
Spoon mixture into a greased 9- x 5- x 3-inch loaf pan. Bake at 350° for 1 hour. Cool in pan 10 minutes; remove from pan, and cool completely on a wire rack. Spread slices with cream cheese, if desired.