Marmalade- and Ginger-glazed Sweet Potatoes
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 242
- Calories from fat: 12%
- Protein: 1.9g
- Fat: 3.1g
- Saturated fat: 1.8g
- Carbohydrate: 55g
- Fiber: 4.7g
- Sodium: 204mg
- Cholesterol: 7.8mg
- 2 pounds sweet potatoes or yams (each 2 to 2 1/2 in. wide)
- 1 orange (about 2 1/2-in. diameter; 6 oz.), rinsed
- 2/3 cup orange marmalade
- 1/2 or 1/3 cup plus 1 tablespoon brandy or orange juice
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- 1/4 cup finely chopped crystallized ginger
- About 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1. Peel sweet potatoes and cut crosswise into 1/4-inch-thick slices. Cut unpeeled orange in half through stem, then crosswise into 1/4-inch-thick slices, discarding end pieces and seeds.
- 2. In a large bowl, mix 1/3 cup marmalade, 1/2 cup brandy (1/3 cup if using yams), butter, ginger, and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Add sweet potatoes and mix to coat. Arrange slices in rows in a single layer, overlapping them slightly, in a shallow 3-quart casserole (such as a 9- by 13-in. baking dish), interspersing the orange slices evenly throughout. Drizzle any of the remaining brandy mixture over the sweet potatoes. Cover tightly with foil.
- 3. Bake in a 325° regular or convection oven (350° if baking with a turkey at that temperature) until sweet potatoes are tender when pierced, 50 to 60 minutes.
- 4. In a small bowl, mix remaining 1/3 cup marmalade and 1 tablespoon brandy. Uncover sweet potatoes and brush marmalade mixture evenly over the top. Broil 6 inches from heat until lightly browned, 8 to 10 minutes. Add more salt to taste.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Marmalade- and Ginger-glazed Sweet Potatoes Recipe at a Glance
More Recipes for Side Dishes/Vegetables