Mark Hyman's Summer Salad
Summer is a wonderful time to enjoy tomatoes and cucumbers with balsamic vinegar, a little bit of lemon, and a drizzle of extra-virgin olive oil. This is a dish to live for. From "The Blood Sugar Solution Cookbook" by Mark Hyman, MD
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- juice from 1 lemon
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) balsamic vinegar
- dash(es) sea salt
- dash(es) fresh ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoon(s) extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 large heirloom tomato, organic thickly sliced
- 1 avocado peeled, pitted, and sliced
- 1 large cucumber chopped
- Make the dressing: Combine the lemon juice, balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper in a small bowl and whisk to combine. Add more salt and pepper to taste. Slowly pour in the olive oil while whisking until the dressing thickens slightly and is emulsified.
- Assemble the salad: Combine the tomato, avocado, and cucumber in a medium bowl and pour over the dressing. Toss the salad gently to coat all the vegetables evenly and serve.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by evgamache and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note