Marinated Vegetables (broccoli, carrots, cauliflower, onion, and bell peppers)
Southern dish: pickling with sugar amount of sugar can be adjusted canned corn and/or green beans may be used vegetables may be blanched for softness garlic, herbs, paprika, lemon juice, even cubed Cheddar or grated Parmesan could be added mushrooms, zucchini, and celery also work well W-S Journal Recipe Swap
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 cup(s) broccoli florets
- 2 carrots, cut into thick slices
- 1 cup(s) cauliflower florets
- 2 teaspoon(s) dry mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) freshly ground black pepper
- 1 green bell pepper, roughly chopped
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, roughly chopped
- 1 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1 cup(s) sugar
- 1/2 cup(s) vegetable oil
- 1 cup(s) vinegar
- 1. Combine vinegar, sugar, salt, pepper, dry mustard and oil in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil.
- 2. Meanwhile, place all the vegetables in a heatproof bowl or glass jar or jars. Pour boiling marinade over vegetables and toss to coat as needed.
- 3. Cool to room temperature, then cover and refrigerate 8 hours or overnight. Serve cold or room temperature.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note