- 1 1/2 cups tarragon vinegar*
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh or 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 6 medium tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 4 cucumbers, sliced
- 2 medium-size purple onions, thinly sliced
- 3 carrots, thinly sliced
- Garnish: fresh basil leaves
How to Make It
Whisk together first 6 ingredients in a large bowl. Add tomato and next 3 ingredients; toss to coat. Cover and chill at least 4 hours. Garnish, if desired.
Prep: 15 min., Chill: 4 hrs.
*1 1/2 cups white wine vinegar may be substituted for tarragon vinegar.