Everyone thought the dressing was very bland. I didn't care for the jicama in the salad mix.
Marinated Vegetable Salad with Queso Fresco
This vibrant side salad lends itself to improvisation. Start with our basics, including tomatoes, zucchini, jicama, black beans, and queso fresco with a salsa vinaigrette. From there, you might add sliced olives, corn, diced avocado, or radishes. It's great with grilled chicken.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 174
- Calories from fat: 37%
- Fat: 7.1g
- Saturated fat: 1.3g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3.5g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.8g
- Protein: 7.3g
- Carbohydrate: 21.7g
- Fiber: 8.1g
- Cholesterol: 5mg
- Iron: 2mg
- Sodium: 536mg
- Calcium: 102mg
- 1 cup diced tomatoes
- 1 cup diced zucchini
- 1 cup diced jicama
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 2 tablespoons chopped, pickled jalapeños
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup bottled salsa
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 1/2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups torn romaine lettuce
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce) shredded queso fresco
- Combine first 6 ingredients in a large bowl. Combine salsa, juice, and oil, stirring with a whisk. Pour dressing over tomato mixture. Cover and chill 1 hour.
- Add cilantro and pepper to bowl; toss gently. Serve over lettuce. Sprinkle with cheese.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note