Marinated Vegetable Salad
- 1 (1 1/2-pound) bunch fresh broccoli
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen asparagus spears, cut into 2-inch diagonal slices
- 1 large head cauliflower, broken into flowerets
- 3 small zucchini, sliced
- 2 medium cucumbers, sliced
- Vegetable Marinade
- 3 heads Bibb lettuce, separated into leaves
- Tomato wedges
- Trim broccoli; wash and break off flowerets. Reserve stalks for other uses.
- Arrange broccoli in steaming rack; place over boiling water. Cover and steam 5 minutes. Remove from rack; set aside to cool. Repeat procedure with asparagus and cauliflower.
- Place steamed vegetables under cold running water; drain. Combine with zucchini and cucumber in a large plastic bag. Pour marinade over vegetables. Fasten bag securely. Gently turn bag until vegetable pieces are coated. Refrigerate several hours or overnight, turning bag once or twice.
- To serve, cut corner from bag, place over colander, and let drain thoroughly. Line salad bowl with Bibb lettuce; empty bag of drained vegetables into bowl. Garnish with tomato wedges.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This