Awesome color, crunch and nutrition are in this salad.
Marinated Vegetable Salad
Combine an assortment of colorful vegetables and stir in chickpeas and olives for a hearty vegetable salad that's easy to make and easy to take if you're headed to a picnic or potluck supper.
More From Southern Living
Chill: 5 Hours
- 1 (16-ounce) package fresh broccoli and cauliflower florets
- 1 (16-ounce) package cherry tomatoes
- 1 (15-ounce) can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 (6-ounce) can ripe black olives, drained and sliced
- 1 cup slivered snow peas
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1 medium carrot, cut into thin strips
- 1 small red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chopped fresh or 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Garnish: fresh parsley sprig
- Combine florets and next 7 ingredients in a large bowl.
- Process oil and next 6 ingredients in a blender until smooth; add to vegetables, tossing to coat. Cover and chill 5 hours. Garnish, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note