Marinated Veal Roast
Yield: 12 servings
- 2 slices bacon, finely chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon marjoram leaves
- 1 teaspoon dried whole thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon caraway seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 (5 1/2- to 6-pound) rolled veal leg roast
- 2 cups water
- Combine bacon, onion, olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, parsley, marjoram, thyme, caraway seeds, salt, and pepper in a small mixing bowl; mix well. Set aside for 30 minutes.
- Place roast in a well-greased shallow roasting pan. Pour marinade over roast; cover and refrigerate 24 hours, turning occasionally.
- Insert meat thermometer, if desired. Stir water into marinade mixture. Bake, uncovered, at 300° for 3 1/2 hours or until meat thermometer registers 170° (well done), basting occasionally with pan drippings.
- Transfer roast to a warm serving platter. Serve the pan drippings as a gravy.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes