Love this for summer! There must be typos--way too much salt & olive oil. When I reduced the amounts, the flavor is amazing! Guests love this & so do I. So easy & fresh!
More From Southern Living
Total: 50 Minutes
- 8 cups halved assorted grape tomatoes
- 1/4 cup kosher salt
- 1 large shallot, sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1 1/2 cups olive oil
- 14 fresh thyme sprigs
- 1/3 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 (1-oz.) package fresh basil, torn
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Pinch of dried red pepper flakes
- Toss together first 2 ingredients in a large glass bowl; let stand 30 minutes. Meanwhile, sauté shallot and garlic in hot oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat 6 minutes. Remove from heat, and stir in thyme. Cool completely. Toss together vinegar, next 3 ingredients, tomato mixture, and shallot mixture. Serve, or cover and refrigerate up to 2 weeks.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note