Absolutely delicious! My entire (extended) family loves this recipe - I have to make triple batches during our family vacation.
Once you have enjoyed all of the tomatoes, transform the leftover marinade into a quick and fresh vinaigrette by adding 1/4 teaspoon Dijon mustard.
More From Southern Living
Chill: 4 Hours
Stand: 30 Minutes
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons seasoned salt
- 3/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 10 plum tomatoes (about 2 1/2 pounds)
- Combine vegetable oil and next 7 ingredients in a large zip-top plastic freezer bag.
- Core and cut each tomato into 4 wedges; add to marinade in plastic bag. Seal and shake to coat tomato wedges. Chill 4 hours; let stand 30 minutes at room temperature before serving. Serve with a slotted spoon.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note