Marinated Tomato-Cucumber Bread Salad
More From Southern Living
Bake: 5 Minutes
Stand: 25 Minutes
Cool: 10 Minutes
- Calories: 249
- Fat: 10.6g
- Saturated fat: 1.6g
- Monounsaturated fat: 6.9g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.9g
- Protein: 6.8g
- Carbohydrate: 33.3g
- Fiber: 2.7g
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- Iron: 2.4mg
- Sodium: 468mg
- Calcium: 34mg
- 6 crusty artisan sourdough bread slices
- 4 medium-size ripe tomatoes, chopped
- 1 pt. halved grape tomatoes
- 1 medium cucumber, peeled, seeded, and chopped
- 1/2 cup loosely packed fresh basil leaves, thinly sliced (see how-to below)
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red onions
- Red Wine Vinaigrette
- 1. Preheat oven to 425°. Cut bread into 1-inch cubes (about 2 1/2 cups), and place on a jelly-roll pan. Bake 5 to 7 minutes or until lightly toasted. Transfer bread to a wire rack, and cool completely (about 10 minutes).
- 2. Toss together 4 medium-size ripe tomatoes, chopped; grape tomato halves; and next 3 ingredients in a large bowl. Toss in 1/3 cup Red Wine Vinaigrette. Let stand 10 minutes. Toss in bread cubes. Let stand 15 minutes.
- Note: Nutritional analysis includes about 1 Tbsp. vinaigrette.
- How To Chiffonade
- Step 1: Stack several basil leaves together; roll the stacked leaves lengthwise.
- Step 2: Slice the roll into thin strips.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This
Food & Wine