- 6 crusty artisan sourdough bread slices
- 4 medium-size ripe tomatoes, chopped
- 1 pt. halved grape tomatoes
- 1 medium cucumber, peeled, seeded, and chopped
- 1/2 cup loosely packed fresh basil leaves, thinly sliced (see how-to below)
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red onions
- Red Wine Vinaigrette
- calories 249
- fat 10.6 g
- satfat 1.6 g
- monofat 6.9 g
- polyfat 1.9 g
- protein 6.8 g
- carbohydrate 33.3 g
- fiber 2.7 g
- cholesterol 0.0 mg
- iron 2.4 mg
- sodium 468 mg
- calcium 34 mg
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 425°. Cut bread into 1-inch cubes (about 2 1/2 cups), and place on a jelly-roll pan. Bake 5 to 7 minutes or until lightly toasted. Transfer bread to a wire rack, and cool completely (about 10 minutes).
Toss together 4 medium-size ripe tomatoes, chopped; grape tomato halves; and next 3 ingredients in a large bowl. Toss in 1/3 cup Red Wine Vinaigrette. Let stand 10 minutes. Toss in bread cubes. Let stand 15 minutes.
Note: Nutritional analysis includes about 1 Tbsp. vinaigrette.
How To Chiffonade
Step 1: Stack several basil leaves together; roll the stacked leaves lengthwise.
Step 2: Slice the roll into thin strips.