- 2 cups water
- 1 1/2 teaspoons barbecue smoked seasoning (such as Hickory Liquid Smoke)
- 1 cup (4 ounces) cubed fresh mozzarella cheese
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon grated peeled fresh ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon five-spice powder
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 1/2 cups coarsely chopped tomato (about 1/2 pound)
- 1 1/2 cups coarsely chopped yellow tomato (about 1/2 pound)
- 5 cups (1-inch) cubed French bread (about 8 [1-ounce] slices)
- calories 167
- caloriesfromfat 29 %
- fat 5.4 g
- satfat 2.5 g
- monofat 1.7 g
- polyfat 0.8 g
- protein 6.7 g
- carbohydrate 23.4 g
- fiber 1.9 g
- cholesterol 13 mg
- iron 1.2 mg
- sodium 349 mg
- calcium 113 mg
How to Make It
Combine water and smoked seasoning in a zip-top bag, and add mozzarella. Seal and marinate in refrigerator 2 hours. Remove the cheese from bag, discarding the marinade.
Combine vinegar and next 7 ingredients (vinegar through garlic) in a large zip-top bag, and add tomatoes. Seal and marinate in refrigerator 2 hours. Drain tomato mixture, reserving marinade.
Preheat oven to 400°.
Place bread cubes in a single layer on a jelly-roll pan. Bake at 400° for 10 minutes or until toasted.
Combine cheese, tomatoes, reserved tomato marinade, and croutons in a large bowl. Serve immediately.