Marinated Stuffed Fillet of Beef
- 1 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/3 cup dry white wine
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 (4-pound) beef tenderloin, trimmed
- 1 cup water
- Sauté first 3 ingredients in 1 teaspoon hot vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat 10 minutes or until all liquid is evaporated; cool.
- Stir together soy sauce and next 5 ingredients.
- Make a 1-inch-deep cut lengthwise down top of tenderloin; spoon mushroom mixture into cut. Tie tenderloin with cotton string at 1-inch intervals; place in a large shallow dish. Pour soy sauce mixture over top; cover and chill 2 to 8 hours, turning occasionally.
- Remove tenderloin from marinade, reserving marinade; place tenderloin on a lightly greased rack in a roasting pan. Add 1 cup water to roasting pan.
- Bring reserved marinade to a boilin a small saucepan over medium-high heat. Boil 1 minute.
- Bake tenderloin at 425° for 1 hour and 10 minutes or until a meat thermometer inserted in thickest portion registers 145° (medium-rare) to 160° (medium), basting occasionally with reserved marinade and covering with aluminum foil the last 30 minutes. Let stand 10 minutes before slicing.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note