Marinated Sticky Ribs
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 620
- Calories from fat: 62%
- Protein: 36g
- Fat: 43g
- Saturated fat: 16g
- Carbohydrate: 18g
- Fiber: 0.2g
- Sodium: 903mg
- Cholesterol: 172mg
- 4 racks pork loin back ribs (baby back) or 2 racks pork spareribs (8 lb. total), fat trimmed, rinsed and patted dry
- About 3 cups marinade and glaze (recipes follow)
- 1. Loosely coil 2 racks of back ribs or 1 rack of spareribs in each of two 1-gallon zip-lock plastic bags. Add 1 cup marinade and glaze to each bag. Seal and turn to coat. Chill at least 1 hour or up to 1 day, turning occasionally. Cover and chill remaining marinade.
- 2. Line two 12- by 17-inch baking pans with foil. Set a rack in each and coat with cooking oil spray. Lift ribs from marinade (discard marinade); set, meaty side up, in a single layer on racks.
- 3. Bake in a 425° oven until ribs are lightly browned, 20 to 30 minutes. Turn over and switch pan positions. Bake until ribs are browned on other side, 20 to 30 minutes longer.
- 4. Brush generously with reserved glaze. Continue baking, basting occasionally, until glaze is browned and bubbly, 6 to 12 minutes. Turn over and brush with more glaze. Bake, basting once, until glaze is browned and bubbly and meat between ribs is no longer pink in the center (cut to test), 6 to 12 minutes longer.
- 5. Transfer ribs to a board. Let rest 5 minutes. Cut between ribs to serve.
- Ginger-hoisin marinade and glaze. In a blender, purée 1 cup hoisin sauce; 3/4 cup orange marmalade; 1/2 cup each soy sauce, rice vinegar, and chopped fresh ginger; 2 teaspoons fennel seeds; and 1/2 teaspoon cayenne.
- Coconut-chutney marinade and glaze. In a blender, purée 1 1/3 cups coconut milk, 1 cup mango chutney, 1/2 cup soy sauce, 1/3 cup lemon juice, and 3/4 teaspoon hot chile flakes.
- Per serving with ginger-hoisin marinade and glaze.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes