Marinated Spring Vegetable and Smoked Trout Salad
Marinate: 1 Hour
Cool : 15 Minutes
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1/2 cup(s) balsamic vinegar
- 2 clove(s) garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup(s) extra-virgin olive oil
- Zest of 1 orange
- 1 teaspoon(s) Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) ground black pepper
- 1 pound(s) asparagus, bottoms trimmed
- 1 head(s) fennel, thinly sliced
- 1 bunch(es) watercress, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 large handful torn mixed soft herbs, such as parsley, cilantro, dill and basil
- 8-ounce package(s) smoked trout
- 2 radishes, thinly sliced
- 1 avocado, pitted and sliced
- 1. In a large bowl, whisk together the vinegar, garlic, oil, orange zest, mustard, salt and pepper. Add the asparagus and fennel, tossing to coat. Cover and set aside at room temperature to marinate for 1 hour. 2. Toward the end of the marinating time, heat the oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with foil. 3. Remove the asparagus and fennel from the marinade and arrange on the prepared baking sheet. Reserve the marinade. Roast the asparagus and fennel for 20 minutes, or until tender when pierced with a fork. Allow to cool for 15 minutes. 4. In a large bowl, toss together the watercress and herbs. Drizzle some of the reserved marinade over the greens and toss to coat evenly. Arrange the fennel and asparagus on serving plates or a platter. Top with the watercress and herb mixture. Use a fork to flake the trout over the greens. Top with the radish and avocado.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note